Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Aymeric Alibert <ay...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 10:35:31 UTC

Network of Brokers and planned maintenance

My configuration uses a network of Brokers with persistent JDBC store.
I am wondering how people handle cases where you want to bring down one of
the broker for maintenance.
If we just shutdown the broker, all currently processed messages will be
stalled either in the database or the local journal.
Is there a better way to shutdown a broker? I am thinking of manually
disabling the producers to let the consumer finish processing the messages.
What's a good way to 'flush' a broker before shutdown?

Thanks,

Aymeric