Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by saket kothari <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/30 15:01:54 UTC

Windowing and Aggregation across windows

Does aggregation happen per window..what if I want to use the agg result of
a prev window on the next window?Is it possible?

I have a one second window  with grace period 5 mins..
When my first window expires , it will have some aggregate value and store
it to another topic.
Now, when my second window expires, I want it to add the first window aggr
+ second window agg and then store it in another topic.

Similarly when my third window expires, I want to add its own aggr +
overall agg till now(here, 1st window + 2nd window) and then store in
another topic.

Is this possible in kafka streams?

Also will window expiration occur in the same order?Like 1st window expires
first, then second,then third and so on..

Thanks and Regards

Saket

Re: Windowing and Aggregation across windows

Posted by saket kothari <sa...@gmail.com>.
Can someone please help here?

Thanks and Regards
Saket