Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dominik Dahlem <Do...@cs.tcd.ie> on 2003/09/06 19:40:16 UTC

weird behavior with multiproject

Hi all,

having the following project structure

project

  -- main

  -- A

  -- B

and a report (maven-multiproject-plugin) registered in
project/main/project.xml results in recursive copies. Originally the
multiproject docs are in project/main/target/docs/ which consist of only
the docs of both projects A and B. When I register the
maven-multiproject-plugin in main/project.xml the directory layout in
main/target/docs/multiproject is as follows with A depending on B:

-- project.*

-- xdocs/

-- target/docs/
-- target/docs/multiproject/A    <-- empty
-- target/docs/multiproject/B
-- target/docs/multiproject/B/target/
-- target/docs/multiproject/B/target/docs
-- target/docs/multiproject/B/target/docs/multiproject
-- target/docs/multiproject/B/target/docs/multiproject/B <-- empty
-- target/generated-xdocs/

The strange thing is that each subproject in
main/target/docs/multiproject contains the complete project layout
except the source files and each of this subprojects contains itself a
multiproject directory in target/docs/. This multiproject directory
contains each depending project and an empty directory of the
subproject's name.
Apparently the links to my subprojects are broken with this directory
layout.

My multiproject definition looks like this:

maven.multiproject.includes=A/project.xml,B/project.xml
maven.multiproject.excludes=main/project.xml
maven.multiproject.basedir=../

maven.xdoc.includeProjectDocumentation = yes/no   <-- makes no
difference

The plugin convergence report shows up nicely. But I couldn't get the
multiproject directory layout working with the plugin convergence
report.
Is this a bug or am I missing something here?
I'm using the latest maven sources from this afternoon.

Thx for any help.

Dominik