Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by EricMeena <ma...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/06/22 20:44:32 UTC

OutOfMemory error with AMQ 5.1

I am sending messages to an activemq 5.1 queue, without consuming them, just
to check how many messages can be persisted in the AMQ message  store if a
consumer goes down for any reason. I would like to have up to 20GB of
messages stored before firing up the consumer. I have enough disk space and
am using the following:

amqPersistenceAdatpter, am sending persistent messages from the producer,
the "persistent" property in broker config file is set to true, syncOnWrite
set to true,

But...the broker throws an OutOfMemory error whenever the JVM memory setting
(512 or 1024M) is reached. I tried to set the message cursors for that queue
(pendingQueuePolicy) to be fileQueueCursor, but this did not work.

Any idea ... Or where else should I set the max allocated disk space for
message storage?

Thanks.