Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/02 02:43:22 UTC

Re: On Scala 2.12.7

My major concern is how it will affect end-users if Spark 2.4 is built with
Scala versions prior to 2.12.7. Generally I'm hesitating to upgrade Scala
version when we are very close to a release, and Scala 2.12 build of Spark
2.4 is beta anyway.

Re: On Scala 2.12.7

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.
Although like you said, spark support for scala 2.12 is beta anyway then shouldn’t we get it to a working state by basing on 2.12.7? There shouldn’t be a stability issue since it is not officially “supported”

________________________________

Re: On Scala 2.12.7

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.
I don't think so. Spark brings the Scala dependency, and I don't think
the installed scalac matters in this respect.
Darcy there was an open question about whether this enables you to
back out the workaround you created for 2.12.6. I tried removing it
and it failed again, so left it in as still needed.

Re: On Scala 2.12.7

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: On Scala 2.12.7

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.