Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jim Caserta <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/31 14:24:44 UTC

Pooled Connections Question - V 3.2 RC-2 -= Java/DB2

Hi all,

Occasionally we receive the following connection error
message: Torque Exception Message: .  Error Message
is:  org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could
not retrieve connection info from pool

Occasionally we also find that a connection does not
close after a commit. Our code is basic..

con = Torque.getConnection(db2.torque.environment));
//do  stuff
con.commit();
}finally {
if (con != null) { //this is prob never null
    if (!con.isClosed()) {
        // send a message the con is NOT closed
	Torque.closeConnection(con);  }

Here is a portion of the prop file:
torque.dsfactory.eMarine.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.SharedPoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.eMarine.connection.driver =
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

torque.defaults.pool.initialSize = 1
torque.defaults.pool.maxIdle = 40
torque.defaults.pool.maxActive = 60

torque.defaults.pool.maxWait = 50000
torque.defaults.pool.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis=
200000
torque.defaults.pool.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis =
2000000
torque.defaults.connection.driver =
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
torque.idbroker.clever.quantity=true
torque.manager.useCache = true
torque.database.eMarine.adapter=db2app
torque.defaults.connection.driver =
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver
torque.defaults.connection.url = jdbc:db2:DB2B

Does anything jump out that might be set wrong?

Thank you for any help!
Jim