Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nithyavembu <ni...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/07/11 08:11:18 UTC

How to run the Embedded Solr Sample

Hi All,

  I am using Netbeans IDE for compiling and running java.
  I want to run the EmbeddedSolr sample given in apache.
  I have set the solr home also.
  But how can i run that program? I am getting the following errors while
running.

 Jul 11, 2007 11:14:48 AM org.apache.solr.core.Config setInstanceDir
INFO: Solr home set to 'D:/jakarta Tomcat/solr/'
Jul 11, 2007 11:14:48 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig initConfig
INFO: Loaded SolrConfig: solrconfig.xml
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.setDefaultWriteLockTimeout(J)V
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<clinit>(SolrCore.java:88)
        at EmbeddedSolr.main(EmbeddedSolr.java:40)
Java Result: 1

------------
 How can i run this program?
 In apache site they said its like sample "example" program. If so where i
have to place this file in tomcat?

 If any help, appreciated.

Thanks,
V.Nithya.

Re: Embedded Solr with Java 1.4.x

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
Oh, and please don't cross-post :-)

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
solr requires 1.5.  It uses generics and a bunch of other 1.5 code.

Embedded Solr with Java 1.4.x

RE: How to run the Embedded Solr Sample

Posted by "Kijiji Xu, Ping" <pi...@kijiji.com.cn>.
1 we have to set the solr home in the main function manually, because there is some problem to set �CDsolr.solr.home=�� in the java command parameters, it looks like SolrCore didn��t read the parameter,I'm not sure about this problem, so we write in main function: Config.setInstanceDir(��E:/apache-solr-1.2.0/example/solr��);

2 there are some libs needed to run the EmbeddedSolr application, too. So we would like to copy these libs to our lib folder, and add them to the java build path.

apache-solr-1.2.0/dist/apache-solr-1.2.0.jar

apache-solr-1.2.0/lib/lucene-core-2007-05-20_00-04-53.jar

apache-solr-1.2.0/lib/lucene-analyzers-2007-05-20_00-04-53.jar

apache-solr-1.2.0/lib/lucene-snowball-2007-05-20_00-04-53.jar

apache-solr-1.2.0/lib/lucene-highlighter-2007-05-20_00-04-53.jar

apache-solr-1.2.0/lib/xpp3-1.1.3.4.O.jar

do not use lucene 2.1��s libs but 2.2,it's not supported by apache-solr1.2.0
>  In apache site they said its like sample "example" program. If so where i
> have to place this file in tomcat?

If you are running tomcat, this is *not* the way to use solr.

Using tomcat, check:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

Re: How to run the Embedded Solr Sample

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.