Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by "jb@nanthrax.net" <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/06/27 18:46:25 UTC

Re : [DISCUSS] Rebooting ServiceMix 5

Hi Guillaume,

as already discussed, I'm fully agree about all points.

I will add one point:  we have to work on the website and doc. I propose to use the Karaf approach using scalate. Gert and I worked on a new style/css. We can leave the wiki as it is and start from scratch for the new doc and website.

I will populate the roadmap page.

Regards
JB

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is great news. I think this is a big step in the right direction.
As Camel will have a more proficient role in SMX5, and JBI is
deprecated, then SMX5 looks much more appealing to me.
Finding the time I would like to help out as well.

I especially like that the docs will be in svn, so SMX have a chance
to kick-start again with good documentation, so new people can
actually get started with SMX. The current docs is poor at best.

I can foresee that SMX5 may impose some changes in camel-core to be
moved forward. For example I think we should get started to better
support dynamic discovery of interceptors so you can install global
interceptors in SMX5 container, and have those interceptors kick-in
existing running Camel applications. And likewise you should be able
to uninstall those interceptors as well.

That should help with most of ideas from Guillaume so we can do
monitoring, tracing, auditing, etc.

We have some of those thoughts in the Camel 3.0 roadmap
http://camel.apache.org/camel-30-roadmap.html

--
Claus Ibsen