Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Dan Quaroni <dq...@OPENRATINGS.com> on 2005/10/24 23:41:25 UTC

Delete doesn't delete?

I know there's a little bit of trickery when it comes to deletes (i.e. it's still in the index until optimize, still available to open readers, etc) however I'm having this problem:

I've implemented a call to delete by term.  It tells me that it deleted 1 item, but then I go and open a new reader on the index, search for this document, and I find it.  Confused, I run the delete again, and it once again tells me 1 document deleted.  And still, I can open a new searched and search for it.

I've tried closing the reader that I used to delete it, still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Re: Delete doesn't delete?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
can you provide some sample code that demonstrates this problem? ...
preferably something that uses hardcoded data to built up an index in a
RAMDirectory so ayone can run the test without needing any external data?

it would make it a lot easier for other people to help you diagnose what's
going on.

: Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:41:25 -0400
: From: Dan Quaroni <dq...@OPENRATINGS.com>
: To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
: Subject: Delete doesn't delete?
:
: I know there's a little bit of trickery when it comes to deletes (i.e. it's still in the index until optimize, still available to open readers, etc) however I'm having this problem:
:
: I've implemented a call to delete by term.  It tells me that it deleted 1 item, but then I go and open a new reader on the index, search for this document, and I find it.  Confused, I run the delete again, and it once again tells me 1 document deleted.  And still, I can open a new searched and search for it.
:
: I've tried closing the reader that I used to delete it, still no luck.
:
: Any suggestions?
:
: