Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Salman Latif <sl...@enterpriseonesolutions.com> on 2022/03/23 16:11:54 UTC

Question

Hi All,
I am using pdfbox version 2.0 and have couple of questions.

  *   What's the best way to know when is the next stable release is available besides manually checking the website?
  *   Do we update existing 2.0 version or all the new changes go to the alpha version?

Please forgive my ignorance as I am new to the Apache jars. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Salman Latif

Re: Question

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hello Salman,

Re 1: there is none. Ask or wait... but you're lucky, we're close to a
release. Currently fixing regressions.
Re 2: Stay with 2.0.* for now. Almost all changes are done there too.
Use the alpha for tests / experiments only, unless you know what's in it.

Tilman

PS: please don't CC me privately on list messages, I read the lists.
Besides, I'm just one of many here :-)