Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/01 10:49:22 UTC

[FlexJS]js:List

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, or there is an actual problem…

I have the following markup in my mxml:

	<js:List id="templateList" width="100%">
		<js:style>
			<js:SimpleCSSStyles marginTop="5" />
		</js:style>
	</js:List>

I don’t know the content of the List until some point at runtime and Data Binding is too confusing for my to try and mess with that.

I have the following code which gets run when the list of objects is actually constructed:

templateList.dataProvider = new ArrayList(dataModel.templateList);

By inspecting List, I see that the ArrayList is added to the (ArraySelectionModel) model.

The beads in the strand are:

0: org.apache.flex.html.beads.models.ArraySelectionModel
1: org.apache.flex.html.beads.ListView
2: org.apache.flex.html.beads.models.ViewportModel
3: org.apache.flex.html.supportClasses.ScrollingViewport
4: org.apache.flex.html.beads.controllers.ListSingleSelectionMouseController
5: org.apache.flex.html.beads.DataItemRendererFactoryForArrayData
6: org.apache.flex.core.ItemRendererClassFactory
7: org.apache.flex.core.ItemRendererClassFactory
8: org.apache.flex.html.beads.layouts.VerticalLayout

The problem is that nothing is actually added to the HTML Element tree:

What’s wrong?

Thanks,
Harbs

Re: [FlexJS]js:List

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
There are beads designed for Array (the default set) and ArrayList. You
need to change the data provider and selection models to match. There is
code that does something like: dataProvider is Array and that will be null
when the dataProvider is an ArrayList so the code will just return from
that function without doing anything.

‹peter

Re: [FlexJS]js:List

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.