Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@comware.com.au> on 2003/11/06 12:08:07 UTC

[Merlin] Component startup sequence

Folks,

I have a single component, which basically prints the name, version and
build date of my application and I want it to be the first component to
start. Is there anyway I can force a component to start in a particular
order without making it part of a dependency graph.

Currently I have a PlatfromVersion.java file, which is automatically
generated when I do a release. This is implemented as an Avalon
component and is configured in the block.xml file. The only thing this
file does is print something like "MyApp v0.1 [12 Sept, 2003 11:54]".

cheers
</jima>