Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu> on 2010/10/21 21:06:41 UTC

[solrmarc-tech] JVM XX:+UseCompressedOops

Is anyone using the newish JVM XX:+UseCompressedOops  with Solr?  Do you
have reason to believe it's helpful? Is there any way it can be harmful?

I am hoping it reduces my memory consumption somewhat.

An old thread with someone asking the same question, but with no
answers:
http://osdir.com/ml/solr-user.lucene.apache.org/2009-07/msg00663.html