Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 00:41:15 UTC

[c1.1] derby issue with .lck files not being cleaned up

I am running tomcat 5.5.25 with continuum-1.1.war and a Derby DB.

Now I am also running archiva 1.0 pointing to my Oracle DB. I am not using
Oracle for both as there seems to still be a defect with continuum on Oracle
10g. But, Every time run shutdown.sh to stop tomcat, then try to restart
running startup.sh, the following files where not cleaned up:

/home/dapadmin/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/data/continuum/database/db.lck
/home/dapadmin/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/data/continuum/database/dbex.lck

So I get an error that there is already a lock on the current database.
I can manually delete the locks, and restart and everything works fine.

NOTE: When this issue occurs, Archiva still functions as it points to
Oracle, and does not seem to have a tomcat issue.

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [c1.1] derby issue with .lck files not being cleaned up

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 15, 2008 12:29 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been running derby almost file. But when I bounce Tomcat, the
> db.lckfiles are not removed, thus giving me an error when I re-start
> Tomcat as the
> DB is already in use, which it is not. It is only because the lck files are
> still present.
>
> When I delete those 2 files, then re-start tomcat, everything is fine.

So you've mentioned.  And this seems to happen when using embedded
Derby.  The suggestion, then, is to use a standalone database.  Derby
Network Server is one of the options, since your preferred choice of
Oracle 10g doesn't work.

Here's the page I mentioned earlier.  Adjust as necessary...
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+User+DB+on+Derby+Network+Server

--
Wendy

Re: [c1.1] derby issue with .lck files not being cleaned up

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yes embedded Derby. So How do I determine why the shutdown.sh is not
shutting down Derby correctly? I used the default installation as per the
quick start guide for Tomcat and Derby. Is there something else I need to
do?

ps, http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1622

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.