Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Pawel Bieryt <pa...@comarch.pl> on 2002/01/07 14:56:17 UTC

filter transformer's input

hi all,

I use SAX to SAX transformation.
I have to parse my xml file with schema validation and
transform using the XSL stylesheet to produce SAXResult as output
of transformation.
Using the latest xalan(xalan-j_2_2_D10) and xerces (xerces-2_0_0_beta4) I
can do that
almost simultaneously (I mean I can start the transformation during the
parsing)

Let's assume I have the occurrence constraint 'minOccurs'
in my schema file. So if my xml file violates this constraint
the SAX parser raises the exception which I can handle by implementing
ErrorHandler interface (the method 'error' in this case). The SAX parser
continuos parsing...
Such processed data I have to pass to some other application.

And the problem:
I can NOT pass the data which violate the the constraints.
So can I somehow filter the input for the transformer ?
Can I somehow force the transformer not to process the data which
violate the constraints?

Thanks for your help or suggestions in advance.

br,
Pawel