Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2016/01/12 15:59:23 UTC

SLING-5416 - Change ThreadPool default configuration to not use Thread.interrupt

Hi,

There's an ongoing discussion at

  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5416

regarding whether the default ThreadPool configuration should allow
usage of Thread.interrupt or not. Although I'm not 100% convinced that
Thread.interrupt should be avoided, it looks like it's a better
alternative to avoid it for the general scenario.

Does anyone have any concerns with changing the default of
ModifiableThreadPoolConfig.shutDownGraceful from false to true?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: SLING-5416 - Change ThreadPool default configuration to not use Thread.interrupt

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 16:59 +0200, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's an ongoing discussion at
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-5416
>
> regarding whether the default ThreadPool configuration should allow
> usage of Thread.interrupt or not. Although I'm not 100% convinced
> that
> Thread.interrupt should be avoided, it looks like it's a better
> alternative to avoid it for the general scenario.
>
> Does anyone have any concerns with changing the default of
> ModifiableThreadPoolConfig.shutDownGraceful from false to true?

Change applied in https://svn.apache.org/r1725689

Robert