Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leo Donahue - RDSA IT <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov> on 2013/03/21 17:53:03 UTC

[OT] repos/asf/tomcat

Trying to teach myself Subversion by way of the Eclipse plugin (Subversive SVN Team Provider, SVNKit 1.7.8 Implementation) and I'm looking at the tomcat repository and trying to understand what I'm seeing.

What is the difference between the trunk directory at the root of http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/ and the trunk directory in the /tc7.0.x/ ?

/repos/asf/tomcat/        is the repository?
/tc7.0.x/                               is the "project" in that repository?

Of course, my eclipse subversion plugin only gives me a local repository, so perhaps Subversion running in a web server is slightly different than what I can do with this plugin?  Sorry for the OT post.

Leo

Re: [OT] repos/asf/tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 21/03/2013 20:30, Leo Donahue - RDSA IT wrote:
> [...]

Generally with Eclipse you can checkout any of the following as projects:

/tomcat/trunk
/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk
/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk

There are others but that will get you started.

Mark

RE: [OT] repos/asf/tomcat

Posted by Leo Donahue - RDSA IT <Le...@mail.maricopa.gov>.

Re: [OT] repos/asf/tomcat