Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net> on 2018/02/02 21:42:48 UTC

NetBeans nightlies

From a user in the IRC of NetBeans (Take a look at the IRC history, if you want), he said that he is using the latest nightly from here: http://bits.netbeans.org/download/trunk/nightly/latest/
As you can see, it is the current date 02.02.2018. So far so good but now, we have this Jenkins Pipeline where we can download the builds: https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/. Is the old link still up to date or is it the build from the HG repo? Because he said, that he has still this bug: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-214 with this build http://bits.netbeans.org/download/trunk/nightly/latest/ but no bug with this build: https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/

So it seems, that the old bit URL is pointing to the hg repo, I guess? Can we take them down or Redirect to the Jenkins build? It is confusing for some People. The date is up to date but the build not.

Regards

Chris

Re: NetBeans nightlies

Posted by cowwoc <co...@bbs.darktech.org>.
Could you redirect only the Java SE builds to Jenkins?

Gili

Re: NetBeans nightlies

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: NetBeans nightlies

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch>.
My guess is that until Oracle donates everything they will still need to use the previous infra and do builds from the Mercurial repo.

Creating a new URL in the interim and adding a redirect is a good idea, but I somehow doubt Oracle infra will operate this. It's a small nuisance we'll have to live with for a while.

--emi
​