Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2003/04/05 06:15:13 UTC

Re: how speficy an exclusive context ssl

In your web.xml file add:
  <security-constraint>
     <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>Protected Context</web-resource-name>
          <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <!-- auth-constraint goes here if you requre authentication -->
      <user-data-constraint>
      </user-data-constraint>
   </security-constraint>

With this, Tomcat will attempt to redirect any http request to the context
to the https Connector, and will never serve it under http.

<no...@courrier.uqam.ca> wrote in message
Tomcat is configured to receive ssl-requests but dependly the
context , i want a forced a ssl connection.
for example, i have both context in server.xml like this :
<Context path="/ecs" docBase="c:/ecs"
 debug="0" privileged="true"/>
<Context path="/martin" docBase="c:/martin"
 debug="0" privileged="true" />

how to force <Context path="/ecs" /> to be https.
Or else how to force  <Context path="/martin" > to be http.

thanks

---- Messages d�origine ----
De: "Jan Behrens" <ja...@diekleinedomain.de>
Date: vendredi 4 avril  2003 15:08