Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Zohar <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/18 12:55:23 UTC

error page

Hello,
I'm trying to use the error handling mechanism described in http://java.sun.com/developer/EJTechTips/2003/tt0114.html.
When an exception in thrown in JSP1 it is indeed redirected to JSP2. in JSP2 I've put "System.out.println(exception.getMessage());" and sure enough the exception's message is printed. But what I get as a response to the browser is "HTTP 500".
Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks,
Zohar.

Re: error page

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 5/18/06, Zohar <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> When an exception in thrown in JSP1 it is indeed redirected to JSP2. in JSP2 I've put "System.out.println(exception.getMessage());" and sure enough the exception's message is printed. But what I get as a response to the browser is "HTTP 500".

Sounds correct to me -- that's the error code. Are you saying that
your JSP2 error page doesn't generate any visible output?

Is it possible you're using MS IE and your page's output falls below
the "show friendly (sic) messages" threshold?

Re: error page

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
It could be that the error page itself is throwing an error. Try using
an ultra-simple error page.
--
Len

Re: error page