Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Siyuan Hua <si...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/03/01 00:30:06 UTC

Stream API

Hi community,

Apex, Spark Streaming and Flink, every stream processing framework has it's
own API to build a DAG. They all have pros and cons, but we also see many
similar concepts and APIs between Flink & Sparking Streaming. We want to
have this kind of similar APIs so that other developers can easily learn
and convert other apps to Apex.

Here is the link to the proposal
https://docs.google.com/document/d/163LmQjX860b61NDe3ZzR0hRTPtE-4GF0iHaVhmHQssY/edit#heading=h.aytn6rz7u1e4
Here is the ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2006

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best,
Siyuan

Re: Stream API

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
+1 concise and intuitive way to define a DAG. Of course we will also need
to build out the underlying operators. What about iteration, join or window
based operations?

Re: Stream API

Posted by Bhupesh Chawda <bh...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: Stream API