Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Mariana Medeiros <63...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 10:52:39 UTC

Phoenix - HBase: complex data

Hello :)

I have a Java class Example with a String and an ArrayList<Person> fields.
I am using Apache phoenix to insert and read data from HBase.
For the String field, I do something like this: *create table tableName
(name varchar(32))* /////// *upset into tableName values ('"+
example.getName() +"')"*

But I do not know how to do such thing for the ArrayList field.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Phoenix - HBase: complex data

Posted by Mariana Medeiros <63...@gmail.com>.
Hello Josh,

Thank you for the reply. I read that page but it only consider primitive
types: "Any primitive type may be used in an ARRAY."

What if I want to create an array of a complex type (in this case, an array
of Person objects)?

Thank you.
- Mariana

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.