Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Murali Minnah <mm...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/10 14:27:44 UTC

Revert change to r.1768564

Hello fellow cTAKERs

Can someone please help revert this change?

r.1768564
ctakes-distribution/pom.xml
"Separated build into 2 profiles: packageBinary and packageSource
packageBinary is enabled by default, packageSource is not"

This changed prevents source code from being distributed using the
default apache release profile when running mvn
release:prepare/perform.  In fact, it should be the opposite.  At ASF,
binaries are only distributed as a convenience; source code should
always be distributed and binaries should be able to be built from
source. [1]

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages

Thanks,
Murali

Re: Revert change to r.1768564

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on it now

Posted by Murali Minnah <mm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks James. Hopefully soon.

Best,
Murali

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Murali,

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Fair enough, I was starting to lean towards that same idea myself.
Thanks!

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Masanz <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sean can correct me if I'm wrong but as he explained it to me earlier
today, he was thinking that the nightly jenkins build and developers who do
builds on their own systems, both being more frequent than builds for
announced releases, could default to not zipping the source, while the
packageSource
profile would be used when it came time to do an announced release.

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org>.