Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Czernay <li...@czernay.com> on 2003/07/10 09:39:15 UTC

Help! It's all so slow. Any hints?

I'm using Cocoon (2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.0.4 on SuSE Linux 8.1 250MB - one of
those puretec root-server boxes) to generate some statistics from my
shop database inside a MySQL server. It's just about 1000 products
spread across some 2000 order records.

I must be doing something completly wrong, as the whole system is
unbelieveably slow (it most of the time takes more than 30 sec. to
generate a single report in HTML).

Where can I find some hints on speeding up Cocoon? I searched CocoonWiki
and read this list, but didn't find any answers.

Thanks for any help.
Alexander
--
_________________________________
Alexander Czernay

fon +49-40-41096742
fax +49-40-41096743
icq 4773650

alexander@czernay.com
www.czernay.com

Re: Help! It's all so slow. Any hints?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/performancetips.html

Do you know which part of the pipeline takes so long? Maybe it's only a
bad stylesheet using // or something similar.

Joerg