Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com> on 2003/05/15 15:34:26 UTC

help about fo:table-header

Hello,
I asked yesterday some help in order to build with FOP  a pdf document
from a FO document which may contain a large table and I wished
differentiate the header of the first page containing the table from the
header of the next pages.

I tried to use unfortunately the notion of dynamic fo:headers.

Another way is to not print a header on the first page which contains
the beginning of the table and to only print this header on the next
pages.

How can I do this!

Sorry for my poor English
Thank you

Re: help about fo:table-header

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
You probably didn't find it because it's pretty new. It can be found in
all 0.20.5 release candidates or here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-fop/examples/fo/basic/Attic/contlabel.fo?rev=1.1.2.1

On 16.05.2003 11:28:27 Selber Jean-François wrote:
> Thanks a lot!!
>
> The solution to solve my problem is to use fop extensions
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions.html
> The extension I want to use is "continued-label" extension but I can't found
> the file examples/fo/basic/contlabel.fo
> Could someone send me this file or give me a sample of this
> "continued-label" extension.
> At the end of the extension description
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions.html I found:
>
> Continued-label (for table-header/-footer
> Please see examples/fo/basic/contlabel.fo
>
> but I don't found this file

Jeremias Maerki

Re: help about fo:table-header

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I think, the best match I found while looking in the mailing list
archives is:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=103260578416087&w=2?

Here are the threads of interest:

Maybe that helps. Difficult topic at any rate.

On 15.05.2003 15:34:26 Selber Jean-François wrote:
> Hello,
> I asked yesterday some help in order to build with FOP  a pdf document
> from a FO document which may contain a large table and I wished
> differentiate the header of the first page containing the table from the
> header of the next pages.
>
> I tried to use unfortunately the notion of dynamic fo:headers.
>

> Another way is to not print a header on the first page which contains
> the beginning of the table and to only print this header on the next
> pages.
>
> How can I do this!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: help about fo:table-header

Posted by Selber Jean-François <jf...@oxymel.com>.
In fact I can't used different page-master and  the region-before to replace
the table-header
because I can have successivly two table in the same page sequence and
for this two table I want to display header only on the second page. In fact
header would be only display if the table in too big
for the current page, then only if the table is write on different page

Thanks

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Jean-François,