Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/07 01:25:23 UTC

Any reason NOT to replace xalan with saxon?

I'm using xalan and running into a lot of the classic XSLT 1.0 limitations,
like difficulty with "group by" type queries, string manipulation, no date
datatype, etc.  Other than this, my needs are pretty basic, just using
Cocoon to spit out web pages.  It seems from my research that Saxon
implements the more current XPATH and XSLT specs, and runs faster.  Should I
switch?  Is there any downside to switching?  I see configuration
instructions on the wiki and plan to follow those.  Thanks.