Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/10/10 12:56:26 UTC

ApacheCon@Home Update - Community Track

Hi All

First of all my apologies for not sending this update earlier.

I hope that many of you came along to support and attend ApacheCon@Home (including our Community Track). I'd like to thank everyone who submitted something for our Community Track and especially all of our speakers who took the time to prepare and present something. I hope those that attended found something new, interesting or useful.

Thank you also to Swapnil Mane, our ComDev PMC Chair for opening the track with his presentation on the growth of the ALCs. It's always great to listen and learn from the experiences of others and I particularly enjoyed Owen O'Malley's talk on the 10 traps to avoid when running an Apache Project. We had some great talks on the track so if you didn't get the chance to see the presentations live - then make sure you catch the recordings on the ASF Youtube Channel. Unless anyone beats me to it - as soon as I get the link I will post it!

I know I have said this before but I always look forward to learning something new at our conferences. It isn't only about the presentations, it's also the questions. Hearing the questions from the audience gives us different perspectives. Thank you all for participating and sharing.

One very special mention goes out the Srabasti Banerjee who in the background responded to my call for help to manage the Community Track on the day when I was unavailable. Thank you so much for volunteering. It may seem like a small thing - but these small things together make something big :-) This is how community works. Thank you!

Finally kudos, thanks and eternal gratitude goes out to the Rich Bowen, Ruth Suehle and Brian Proffitt (and all those others behind the scenes) from the conferences team who probably had the busiest week ever by making sure that any issues were resolved as quickly, calmly and efficiently.

Looking forward to the next one! :-)

Thanks
Sharan