Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrea Riela <ml...@nesys.it> on 2003/12/03 00:46:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Cgi-bin and virtual hosts

Hi folks,

I've to do that: only vh1 could use cgi1; vh2 and vh3 could use cgi2, but
not cgi1.
Cgi1: vqadmin
Cgi2: qmailadmin

And so on.
How could I do?
Thanks for your support
Regards
Andrea

Re: [users@httpd] Cgi-bin and virtual hosts

Posted by "Interware (Roboz)" <ro...@interware.hu>.
SuEXEC app.? (User and Group directives in the <VirtualHost> directive)
:)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

[users@httpd] Critical mistake?

Posted by Kent Healey <kh...@email.com>.
Home PC user running XP home:

For any number of reasons the apache I was running
(apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl) was not configured the way I like it.
I tried to configure it the right way and it still wouldn't work. So I
decided to uninstall it and install a version of Apache that I was use to.

My problems began when I could find any uninstall for apache. So I guess
that is my first question.
After I couldn't find it, I decided I was going to delete the file from the
ground up. I removed every file from every folder and deleted it. Than I ran
a search for anything named apache and deleted that. Then I emptied my
recycle bin, and restarted the computer.

No more Apache, or so I thought.

Previously I had used something called:
IndigoPerl V2003.03 With Perl 5.8, Apache 2.0.44, and PHP 4.2.3
Updated Feb 25, 2003

Its default setting suited my fancy.

My intention after uninstalling Apache (apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_ssl) was
to simply re-install Indigo Perl and go from there.
Well, after I installed indigo perl which comes with apache, I went to start
apache, only to find that it was unable to find it.

So some where in dos my computer still thinks I have apache and it never
installed it and is unable to completely uninstall it.

I will take any suggestions how I can get apache up and running again.

Here is my plan, re-install Apache 2.0.48 and then uninstall it the
correctway (which I need to know how).
Then maybe start a clean install of IndigoPerl V2003.03

Thanks for any help or suggestions