Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/13 08:12:14 UTC

Do we need reindexing from solr 1.4.1 to 3.5.0?

Do we need to reindex solr data which was indexed using solr 1.4.1 in order
to upgrade it to solr 3.5.0? Because indexing is really a huge costly
process in our case because the data generated needs some calculations which
takes lot of time. Else otherwise if there is any other tool which can
update lucene indexes all by itself please do let me know.

Kashif Khan

Re: Do we need reindexing from solr 1.4.1 to 3.5.0?

Posted by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com>.
we have both stored = true and false fields in the schema. So we cant reindex
wat u said. we have tried that earlier.

Re: Do we need reindexing from solr 1.4.1 to 3.5.0?

Posted by "tamanjit.bindra@yahoo.co.in" <ta...@yahoo.co.in>.
There may be issues with your solrconfig. Kindly post the exception that you
are recieving.

Re: Do we need reindexing from solr 1.4.1 to 3.5.0?

Posted by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com>.
I kept old schema files and solrconfig file but there were some errors due to
which solr was not loading. I dono what are those things. We have few our
own custom plugins developed with 1.4.1