Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/16 03:46:44 UTC

[VOTE][Result] Release Apache Mesos 0.14.0 (rc6)

Hi,

I'm happy to announce the passing of 0.14.0 vote with 3 +1 binding votes,
no -1 and no 0 votes:

+1:
Benjamin Hindman (binding)
Benjamin Mahler (binding)
Dave Lester (binding)

-1:

0:

Please find the release at http://www.apache.org/dist/mesos/0.14.0 (or
preferably please use a mirror from http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi).

We've also uploaded the mesos-0.14.0.jar built for Java 6 that should be
accessible via Maven Central as well.

Thanks everyone!
Vinod

Re: [VOTE][Result] Release Apache Mesos 0.14.0 (rc6)

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.
We have been running 0.14.0 on production clusters at Twitter and have
found a small number of bugs.
As such, I will be sending out a VOTE on a 0.14.1 release that will be
based off of the 0.14.1-rc1 tag.

The most important of these bugs are:

MESOS-662: When running Mesos with cgroups memory enforcement enabled, it
is possible for an OOM event to cause a deadlock situation in the Linux
kernel.

MESOS-420: This has crashed the master process on rare occasions only in
our large production clusters and as such it was missed during our testing
in a staging cluster.

MESOS-711: It's possible for the master to "over-subscribe" slaves (offer
more resources than the slave contains). This manifests primarily when
upgrading from 0.13.x to 0.14.0 on a running cluster.

We've also included some reliability improvements to slave recovery related
to edge cases (we discovered these by killing slaves at frequent intervals
to stress test recovery). These are MESOS-679 and MESOS-680.

The anticipated release JIRA changelog is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311242&version=12324994

Ben

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.
Awesome! I've updated the Mesos website to reflect the new release.

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.