Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2022/05/17 15:17:25 UTC

Removing non Java EE / Jakarta EE APIs from our javaee-api/jakartaee-api jars

Hi all,

We do have an uber jar with all Java/Jakarta EE APIs. It makes it easier
for a user to use the server and requires less dependencies in our modules.

Though it's convenient, it looks like we are embedding too many APIs in it,
and non EE APIs, for instance javax.xml.namespace. And since Java Modules
it does generate compilation issues with Eclipse at least but also javac.

Another option is to require the users to add a module-info.java with their
explicit requirements so there is no conflict in the javax.xml.namespace
package.

Any issue to remove all non EE APIs from our Uber jar?

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Removing non Java EE / Jakarta EE APIs from our javaee-api/jakartaee-api jars

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Yes. Examples + Arquillian Tests + TCKs

Most of the embedded TCKs + arquillian adaptors did not run due to a
build timeout after 12h (as CDI TCK never completed due to missing
javax.cache classes).

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
I see no issues.

Posted by David Blevins <db...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm ok with it. Thanks Jean-Louis.

Jon

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 4:17 PM Jean-Louis Monteiro <