Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Brad Turnbough <bt...@backlundinvestment.com> on 2023/02/24 17:40:32 UTC

Guacamole / Ubuntu 20.04 x64 Questions

I have recently compiled and installed Guacamole 1.5.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.  Looks pretty impressive from using it just a couple of days.  A couple of questions:

1)      I understand that it is possible to utilize MySQL Authentication and also RADIUS authentication -separately.  Is it possible to use them BOTH (mysql for the groups / rights and permissions... aka.. the authorization) and the RADIUS for the authentication?  We have MFA set up and it is consumable via RADIUS.  Additionally, I'd like to set up groups and permissions for various RDP/SSH targets (mysql auth)

2)      I don't have "share" available ... I'm assuming a compile flag was missed to enable this feature?

3)      I don't' have "File transfer" feature available... Again, I'm assuming a compile flag was missed in order to enable this feature?

Here is the process I used to compile:

apt-get install build-essential libcairo2-dev libjpeg-turbo8-dev libpng-dev libtool-bin libossp-uuid-dev libvncserver-dev freerdp2-dev libssh2-1-dev libtelnet-dev libwebsockets-dev libpulse-dev libvorbis-dev libwebp-dev libssl-dev libpango1.0-dev libswscale-dev libavcodec-dev libavutil-dev libavformat-dev
cd /opt
mkdir guacamole-1.5.0
cd guacamole-1.5.0/
wget https://downloads.apache.org/guacamole/1.5.0/source/guacamole-server-1.5.0.tar.gz
tar -xvzf guacamole-server-1.5.0.tar.gz
cd guacamole-server-1.5.0
./configure --with-init-dir=/etc/init.d --enable-allow-freerdp-snapshots
make
make install

What did I miss?   Thank you!!!

Thank you,

Brad Turnbough
Senior Technology Analyst

[cid:Backlund-Investment-logo_20ce9d6e-04b9-4d73-9d17-cfc69decf4cc.gif]

P: 309.272.2739 F: 309.272.2839

www.betterbanks.com<http://www.betterbanks.com/>
www.statestreetbank.com<http://www.statestreetbank.com>

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, nor the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.

Re: Guacamole / Ubuntu 20.04 x64 Questions

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

> 2)      I don’t have “share” available … I’m assuming a compile flag was missed to enable this feature?
>

> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this - can you elaborate? There's no specific compilation flag required for session sharing - it's built into the client, and mainly the JDBC module.
>

> If I connect to a windows machine via RDP and then press ‘ctrl-alt-shift’ I am presented with the menu for that host.  In that menu, I am supposed to have the option to ‘share’ the session with another user.  There isn’t an option to ‘share’ the session for the RDP connection as several online resources point out.  Does it maybe have to do with something related to my instance of Guacamole not having MySQL auth enabled?  Seems rather odd I don’t have all of the features.

You'll need to make sure that you create a Sharing Profile for the
connection before this option shows up. You can create both read-write
and read-only Sharing Profiles.

> 3)      I don’t’ have “File transfer” feature available… Again, I’m assuming a compile flag was missed in order to enable this feature?
>

> Same, here - there's really nothing you need to do to enable this - it depends on what connection protocol you're using, but RDP has its own mechanism built-in, and RDP, SSH, and VNC also include SFTP support, assuming you have SSH support enabled. You'll need to be more specific about what you're "missing" when you're looking for this.
>
> The same as above, but instead of the ‘share’ feature, I expect to see ‘file transfer’ in the menu presented when I press ‘ctrl-alt-shift’

You need to configure either Folder Redirection or SFTP parameters in
the connection before this will show up.

-Nick

RE: Guacamole / Ubuntu 20.04 x64 Questions

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.