Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Banchi Liko <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/23 16:53:41 UTC

Tapestry 5- a very nice web framework

For some weeks now I have been playing with Tapestry. I think it is one of
the best in the industry. Kudos to Howard Lewis Ship.
I have a question. How do you rate the support of Ajax in Tapestry. We are
shortly going to start a project that would be heavily Ajax based. Would be
a pain for us if we go with Tapestry?

Thanks,

Banchi

Re: Tapestry 5- a very nice web framework

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:30:40 -0300, Juan E. Maya <ma...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi Banchi! :) I agree with u :)

Hi! I agree with you 2! :)

> All the ajax in tapestry is done around the Zone concept. My
> experience is that 95% of the time the Zone Aware components and in
> some strange case the ZoneUpdater are enough.
> To build less common ajax actions u need to understand a bit more of
> how the JS is connected with the server side. It's not difficult but a
> bit more complex.

I'd like to add that Tapestry supports JSON in these cases. Very easy to
use, specially when used with Prototype or jQuery.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: Tapestry 5- a very nice web framework

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Banchi! :) I agree with u :)

All the ajax in tapestry is done around the Zone concept. My
experience is that 95% of the time the Zone Aware components and in
some strange case the ZoneUpdater are enough.
To build less common ajax actions u need to understand a bit more of
how the JS is connected with the server side. It's not difficult but a
bit more complex.

You can see a few Ajax samples on:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au:8080/jumpstart/