Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by guillaume <gu...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 11:26:55 UTC

qpid encode function peformance

Hi,

I'm wondering which is the best manner in term of performance to serialize a
C++ class to be sent to qpid

1- using qpid encode function and Map (each member of c++ class would have
an entry in the map)
2- using google protocol buffer

Thanks!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: qpid encode function peformance

Posted by guillaume <gu...@gmail.com>.
"I don't know what the relative performance might be to be honest; why
don't you try it out and report your findings? "

yes i asked in case someone had already the answer

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/17/2010 10:26 AM, guillaume wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering which is the best manner in term of performance to serialize a
> C++ class to be sent to qpid
>
> 1- using qpid encode function and Map (each member of c++ class would have
> an entry in the map)
> 2- using google protocol buffer

I don't know what the relative performance might be to be honest; why
don't you try it out and report your findings?

One other difference is that the map encoding is self-describing whereas
google protocol buffers use a schema to infer the structure.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org