Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by George Valpak <gv...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/12 18:47:46 UTC

ProxyPass/Reverse and access control

I posted this messages at the Apache users list, but no response. Sorry if it is off topic here, hopefully someone can point me to an answer or example.

I am using apache 1.3.27, MP 1.26 on RH 7.3.

I would like to map several outside sites into my web space and limit access individually to each one.

E.g:

subdomain.mydomain.com/outside1 -> www.outside1.com
subdomain.mydomain.com/outside2 -> www.outside2.com
subdomain.mydomain.com/outside3 -> www.outside3.com

etc.

How can I set it up so that I can use Basic authentication, probably using a different group or even better a different realm, for each proxy?

A solution using either mod_proxy or mod_rewrite is fine for me.

What I am not clear on is how to take advantage of the

<Directory proxy:*></Directory> directive to enclose the needed Auth* directives.

Thanks for your advice!

GV