Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2005/06/05 06:25:14 UTC

Re: Missing WaitForSingleObject on apr_thread_cont's mutex?

Henry Jen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was looking at the apr_thread_cond.c, and wondering if the
>apr_thread_cond_wait & apr_thread_cond_timedwait code is missing a
>WaitForSingleObject call on the mutex. Would someone share some light
>with me? :-)
>
>The following is code snippet from the SVN trunk, and it seems to be
>same as in apr-0.9.6. Comments in the code.

The whole condition variable thing is broken on Windows. It has more
race conditions than (insert faviourite expression). Adding a lock won't
help. Someone has to rewrite the whole thing.

(I'd actually started doing that at one point, but dropped it. Lack of
time, etc.)

-- Brane