Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/19 17:27:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release XML Schema 1.4.7

The XmlSchema tree turned to be in a relatively clean state w/r/t a
release. So, I've staged one.

This email formally offers a candidate release 1.4.7 of Apache
XmlSchema. The release artifacts are all sitting in the maven staging
repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachews-042/

As usual, even the 'non-maven' files are in there.

This vote will remain open for 72 hours.

Here is my initial +1.

Thanks,

Benson Margulies

Here are the release notes:

Changes since 1.4.6:

** Bug
    * [WSCOMMONS-484] - Performance enhancement for build from DOM
    * (WSCOMMONS-361) breaks Xerces DOM
       Node's Java serializability
    * [WSCOMMONS-537] - Cached NodeNamespaceContext  causes problems
when a new namespace is added
    * [WSCOMMONS-539] - Infinite loop in XmlSchemaSerializer. setupNamespaces

** Improvement
    * [WSCOMMONS-520] - Add a setEntityResolver() to be used in
XmlSchemaCollection.read
    * [WSCOMMONS-559] - Utils to ease use of XmlSchema in determining
    * instance attribute types

Re: [VOTE] Release XML Schema 1.4.7

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
sure.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
OK, one respin coming up as soon as Andreas gives us the all clear?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
What's funny about this was that I was staring at various
NamespaceContext implementations that lacked the required special
cases a week or two ago, and here's one of them causing a malfunction.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sunday 19 September 2010 3:30:28 pm Andreas Veithen wrote:
> The change in r993403 causes build failures in at least one downstream
> project, namely Woden. Can we postpone the 1.4.7 release until this is
> sorted out?

Fixed.

Dan

--