Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jean-Yves LEBLEU <jl...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/02 15:05:26 UTC

Server takes a long time to answer

Hi all,

We have a cassandra installation with two nodes in a ring, replication
factor = 2, some times cassandra becomes non-responsive, it takes
about three minutes before answering to a get.
Do you have any idea of what we should check when it happens ? Or what
could cause the problem.
We are using cassandra release 6.3.
Thanks & regards.
Jean-Yves

Re: Server takes a long time to answer

Posted by Jean-Yves LEBLEU <jl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the anwser.

We started cassandra with 1 Gbyte of memory ...  but on a machine with
only 256 Mbytes of memory. Seems that it was the problem. We  added
memory on the server and it seems to be better.

Regards.
Jean-Yves

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.