Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S Vashisht <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 20:46:30 UTC

Fwd: Problem with connecting to port used by Tomcat.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: S Vashisht [mailto:situ747@gmail.com]
> Subject: Fwd: Problem with connecting to port used by Tomcat.
>
> when I start server and try to connect to port used
> by Tomcat; I get unable to connect error.

Look for a firewall between your client (browser?) and the server on which Tomcat is running.

Also, run netstat on the server to verify that Tomcat really is listening on the port you think it is.

> How can I get more information about cause of the error.

Look in Tomcat's logs.  You can enable the AccessLogValve in conf/server.xml to see if anything is actually reaching Tomcat.

 - Chuck