Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Jeyakumaran.C" <jk...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2002/10/07 06:43:47 UTC

Re: Replace SchemaUtils/DOM with JaxMe's Schema Parser?

Hi Dims and all,
We went through your mail.
We want some clarifications on it.

1)Do we need to take the DOM node and use DOM2SAX for generating events?

2) Then if it is the case, where should we do that? Do it while in the
parsing at the SymbolTable or inside the SchemaUtls?

What we prefer is, keep the SymbotTable as it is and change it inside the
SchemaUtils, though it is a temporary solution.(Hope JAXMe people will come
up with a solution with accepting the DOM node).

So the changes only will be inside the SchemaUtils..............
Is this approach ok for doing it?
Kindly need your suggestions to move on.

Regards,
Jeyakumaran

Posted by Dimuthu Leelarathne <mu...@opensource.lk>.
Hi all,

We need a bit of help regarding the following question.

The comment on the top of the  method - "private void addTypes(URL
context, Node node, int level)" in the SymbolTable is as below,

"So anything at the top level is added to the symbol table, plus
non-Element types (ie, base and refd) that appear deep within other
types."

As I understand there are two private methods to handle these ref and def
types as follows,

 private void createTypeFromRef(Node node)
 private void createTypeFromDef(Node node, boolean isElement,
                      boolean belowSchemaLevel)

Within these methods the BaseTypeMappingRegistry is used. These methods
are the only places where the BaseTypeMappingRegistry is referenced within
the SymbolTable class.

I am really confused about this def, ref , base types and the role of the
BaseTypeMappinRegistry. It would help us a lot if you can clear this for
us.

Thank you,
Dimuthu.