Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jonathon <to...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/31 00:56:38 UTC

[ABCD/02][2013/10/30] Re: Extensions

On 10/30/2013 05:28 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:

> I can take care of delivering the mass mailing as we did in the past,
> we probably need a bunch of volunteers to test those extensions so
> that we can target at least the top 100/200.

I don't if you mean:
* Each individual is to test 100 - 200 extensions;
* Only 100 - 200 extensions are to be tested;

Regardless, each extension needs to be tested on each platform that AOO
is available for. Ideally, BSD & Linux testing would be for several
different distros, and versions of those distros.

If you want people to test more than five or six extensions, write a
tool that will automatically install all of the extensions in a file
directory.

jonathon

  * English - detected
  * English

  * English

 <javascript:void(0);>

Re: [ABCD/02][2013/10/30] Re: Extensions

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/10/31 jonathon <to...@gmail.com>:
> On 10/30/2013 05:28 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>
>> I can take care of delivering the mass mailing as we did in the past,
>> we probably need a bunch of volunteers to test those extensions so
>> that we can target at least the top 100/200.
>
> I don't if you mean:
> * Each individual is to test 100 - 200 extensions;
> * Only 100 - 200 extensions are to be tested;
>
> Regardless, each extension needs to be tested on each platform that AOO
> is available for. Ideally, BSD & Linux testing would be for several
> different distros, and versions of those distros.

I'm with you about testing them on different platforms, and ideally
I'd love us to be able to test all extensions. Still I believe
targeting top extensions is a viable way to go if we want to achieve
results in a reasonable time frame, everything else will require a lot
more time.

> If you want people to test more than five or six extensions, write a
> tool that will automatically install all of the extensions in a file
> directory.

Your help would be precious with that, at this time I can commit to
keep deploying a better website both for Extensions and templates,
releasing a new version every six months or so.

Roberto