Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Aidan Monroe <km...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/13 03:08:03 UTC

Weird Intermittent Behavior

I have a JSP with 4 <input type="image">'s and am
using ImageButtonBeans on my form. I've recently
noticed that sometimes, even though I have clicked 1
of these 4 images, that none of the buttons is
considered to be selected.

I am following the instructions in Ted's tip #1 and
everything usually works fine. But about 1 times in
20, there are no coordinates mapped to any of the
ImageButton fields within my form, even though I know
I've clicked on one of the images (that is the only
way to submit the form).

Via my debugger I'm sure that BeanUtils.populate is
working properly. But something is happening to my
form, specifically the ImageButtonBean fields, between
the time that BeanUtils populates my form and the time
that the form reaches my Action class. When the form
reaches my Action class, the "x" and "y" values for
all 4 ImageButtons are "null".

Has anyone seen anything like this?