Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bahadır Yağan <ba...@mht.com.tr> on 2006/01/20 19:34:49 UTC

[JSF] Sun's feedback programs site

I may be wrong but I think *feedbackprograms.sun.com *uses ASPX on a
windows 2003 server. Isn't something wrong with this situation? I mean,
I use this site to submit my feedbacks about "Sun Java Studio Creator 2
Early Access", which is promoted with its JSF features. And a site
related with this product uses .NET.

I know this is not related with struts but most relevant people are on
this list.

Bahadir Yagan

Re: [JSF] Sun's feedback programs site

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
I don't find this to be terribly important... lots of companies that make
certain products don't use their own for one reason or another.  It's
always nice to "eat your own dog food", but sometimes there are very
legitimate reasons for not doing so.  It could simply be that they haven't
gotten around to converting yet.  Maybe, like many large organizations,
this is a subgroup who is subject to chargebacks from "corporate" if they
used Sun products, and they found that they could save money using MS
products.  This is fairly common actually.

It's mildly humorous, but very mildly.  If finding things like that was
uncommon it might be worth a more hardy chuckle.

Just to confirm, I get this back from HTTPWatch:

(Status-Line)	HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved
Cache-control	private
Connection	keep-alive
Content-Length	132
Content-Type	text/html
Date	Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:51:01 GMT
Location	/login.html
Server	Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Set-Cookie	ASPSESSIONIDCSRAADBA=PNCDLCFAEIELMJAGBLLIBIBB; path=/
X-Powered-By	ASP.NET

So yes, unless someone purposely set it up to lie, it does appear to be
using MS technologies to at least some degree (it might just be the logon
page and after that you get redirected to a JSF-based site... I can't log
on so I don't know).

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Posted by Bahadır Yağan <ba...@mht.com.tr>.
Legolas Woodland wrote:
> can you please let me know the Netcraft url ?
> In their last post feedback Program people said that it is running on
> sun.
> so it would be good to know that , whether they are true or not .

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://feedbackprograms.sun.com

And the aspx extension is seen when you try to view an image attachment
on a bug report. (Other than that, the extension is html)

By the way, the site is extremely slow(to me) soo it may be on purpose :)

Re: [JSF] Sun's feedback programs site

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bahadır Yağan <ba...@mht.com.tr>.

Posted by Legolas Woodland <le...@gmail.com>.