Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/22 08:22:22 UTC

Flex news site and rss feed

Do we have a Flex news site with RSS feed? I think it would be good to have
a place we can go to hear about new Flex projects, Flex SDK updates, Flash
and AIR updates and so on for checking out news without diving into the
mailing list.

Jude

AW: Flex news site and rss feed

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
As far as I know, an RSS feed is nothing more than an xml file with the rss xml format. There is a plugin to the maven-site-plugin that would generate an RSS feed from changes in the repo, but I guess that would be way too much. I think a simple xml file static resource should be enough.

See here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/Feed-icon.svg/128px-Feed-icon.svg.png]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS>

RSS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS>
en.wikipedia.org
RSS (Rich Site Summary; originally RDF Site Summary; often called Really Simple Syndication) uses a family of standard web feed formats to publish frequently updated ...

Chris

I don't know of any.  How easy is it to make one?  If it doesn't eat a lot
of CPU/Memory, we might be able to run it from my CI server.

Re: Flex news site and rss feed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
+1