Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2011/11/08 19:46:23 UTC

[OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Hi at all

I make a big progress in my fight to walking normal. I won't going here
in the medical details but one spastic muscle is now under much better
control. This muscle was never active in sport activity, and his
inactivity was the main reason why I'm about 1/3 slower in running as
normal people. Last wekend this muscle take activity the first time
during a run.

Well, this is just the beginning. It will take about a year training to
put the muscle to the same level as the other one.  And I don't realy
know how big the impact is. I will have to train hard in the next years.
So please understand that I can't particip on events. I need to train
realy frequently.

Greetings Raphael

Re: [OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Raphael, thats great to hear!
I wish you all the best for your hard training and next year we might
meet at a half marathon or so :-)

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: [OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hello Raphael,

I remember I met you in Geneva (was Linux Day, maybe 2009), and I was
impressed by your energy, and your kindness.

We are all with you, and wish you all the best !!

Bon courage !

Eric

Le 8 nov. 11 à 19:46, Raphael Bircher a écrit :

> Hi at all
>
> I make a big progress in my fight to walking normal. I won't going
> here in the medical details but one spastic muscle is now under
> much better control. This muscle was never active in sport
> activity, and his inactivity was the main reason why I'm about 1/3
> slower in running as normal people. Last wekend this muscle take
> activity the first time during a run.
>
> Well, this is just the beginning. It will take about a year
> training to put the muscle to the same level as the other one.  And
> I don't realy know how big the impact is. I will have to train hard
> in the next years. So please understand that I can't particip on
> events. I need to train realy frequently.
>
> Greetings Raphael
> --
> My private Homepage: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: [OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raphael--

Wishing you all the best on your road to recovery!

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Hi at all
>
> I make a big progress in my fight to walking normal. I won't going here in
> the medical details but one spastic muscle is now under much better
> control. This muscle was never active in sport activity, and his inactivity
> was the main reason why I'm about 1/3 slower in running as normal people.
> Last wekend this muscle take activity the first time during a run.
>
> Well, this is just the beginning. It will take about a year training to
> put the muscle to the same level as the other one.  And I don't realy know
> how big the impact is. I will have to train hard in the next years. So
> please understand that I can't particip on events. I need to train realy
> frequently.
>
> Greetings Raphael
> --
> My private Homepage: http://www.raphaelbircher.ch/

MzK

 by the way its animals are treated."
                              -- Mohandas Gandhi

Re: [OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
Great news Raphael!

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
Hi Raphael,

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Raphael,

I wish you all the best for your 'fight'.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Raphael,

that are really good news and i am very happy for you.

Juergen

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi Raphael,

Yes, great news.  Thank you for sharing.

Keep doing what you are doing with your health and with OpenOffice.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.
That's great to hear. All the best for your fight for better mobility. :-)

Marcus

Posted by Florian Effenberger <fl...@documentfoundation.org>.
Hello Raphael,

Raphael Bircher wrote on 2011-11-08 19:46:

> I make a big progress in my fight to walking normal. I won't going here
> in the medical details but one spastic muscle is now under much better
> control. This muscle was never active in sport activity, and his
> inactivity was the main reason why I'm about 1/3 slower in running as
> normal people. Last wekend this muscle take activity the first time
> during a run.
>
> Well, this is just the beginning. It will take about a year training to
> put the muscle to the same level as the other one.  And I don't realy
> know how big the impact is. I will have to train hard in the next years.
> So please understand that I can't particip on events. I need to train
> realy frequently.

despite (or better, because of) all those hard discussions going on, I
am really happy to jump into this so positive thread, by congratulating
you to your efforts.

I've been knowing you for many years, and saw what you had to fight, and
with which love, passion and especially belief in yourself you did this.
You can be very proud of yourself, and I keep my fingers crossed that
you will make more and more progress, to reach all your goals, even
those you aren't yet aware of.

Take good care of your health, and especially, never forget to believe
in yourself - that's at least 50%, if not much more, to every success in
life.

Really, I am happy to hear these news, and I am confident, many more
will come!

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <fl...@documentfoundation.org>
Board of Directors at The Document Foundation

Re: [OT] Progress in my fight to walking normal!!!

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
+1000

Thank you for sharing with us this great moment Raphael!!
Surely your determination and perseverance will be an
example for all of us here!

Pedro.