Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Philip Lee <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 11:08:10 UTC

Hive bug? about no such table

I think It is from Hive Bug about something related to metastore.

Here is the thing.

After I generated scale factor 300 named bigbench300 and bigbench100, which
already existed before,
I run "hive job with bigbench300". At first it was really fine.
Then I run hive job with bigbench100 again. It was still okay.
*but then when I run bigbench300 again, the error "no such table" happened.*

<< FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Line 8:7 Table not found
'product_reviews' >>

I tried to delete every "metastore_db" in a whole folder, but it still
happens now.

Have you ever seen this kind of issue before?
I think there is something, belonging to hive metastore conf, leading this
problem.
I did not see much infomation about this in Stackoverflow yet.

Best,
Philip