Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Harry Wilkinson <hw...@mdsol.com> on 2013/10/06 22:06:29 UTC

Bindings for other languages

Hi,

I'm wondering about adding bindings to create Mesos frameworks in other
languages, based on the C++ and/or Java framework APIs.

I've had a look around the code and I can see some headers to use, but I'm
wondering whether there's some subset of the code required for linking to
just enough for a framework, rather than the whole Mesos codebase.

I've written a fair amount of C/C++ in the past, but it's been a few years
and I'm not too familiar with make/autoconf etc.  Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks.

Harry

Re: Bindings for other languages

Posted by Harry Wilkinson <hw...@mdsol.com>.
Having thought about this a little more, since the code will need to be
running on a server with Mesos running, I can probably treat this as a
prerequisite, as long as the installed Mesos includes something that I can
link to.  Seems obvious in retrospect :o)

Posted by Harry Wilkinson <hw...@mdsol.com>.
Thanks Paco and Dave.

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@ischool.berkeley.edu>.

Posted by Paco Nathan <ce...@gmail.com>.
Yes, there are bindings for C++, JVM languages, Python... I've heard about
Ruby, haven't used it. Some developers have discussed work on bindings for
Node.js and Go as well.

In terms of just enough code for a framework:

  * Apache Mesos docs dev guide:

https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/docs/App-Framework-development-guide.textile

  * Docker on Mesos (see Py executor) plus a tutorial:
    http://mesosphere.io/2013/09/26/docker-on-mesos/
    https://github.com/mesosphere/mesos-docker/blob/master/bin/mesos-docker

http://mesosphere.io/2013/08/01/distributed-fault-tolerant-framework-apache-mesos/