Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "O'Connell, Iain" <Ia...@ie.fid-intl.com> on 2006/09/12 18:04:24 UTC

Custom user attributes in a layout decorator

Hi folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to access custom user attributes that I set in
the user admin portlet from a the header of a layout decorator and I've
tried a few different possibilities but nothing seems to be working for me
and I was hoping that somebody might have a pointer for me on where I can
get this information if you've done this before.

Thanks,

Iain

Re: Custom user attributes in a layout decorator

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
O'Connell, Iain wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to access custom user attributes that I set in
> the user admin portlet from a the header of a layout decorator and I've
> tried a few different possibilities but nothing seems to be working for me
> and I was hoping that somebody might have a pointer for me on where I can
> get this information if you've done this before.

 From a portlet, just use the portlet api:

Map userInfo = (Map)request.getAttribute(PortletRequest.USER_INFO);

If you want to access them via the jetspeed user manager component:

User user = userManager.getUser(userName);
user.getUserAttributes();