Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "G. Craig" <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/07 02:12:56 UTC

Q: How to Link to Documents in Portlet?

I am new to Jetspeed; yet, am impressed with its
simplicity and elegance. I have a best practice
question ...

I would like to have an (index) portlet that lists
various documents as links. Upon clicking on a given
document link, the user would be able to view the
document. Nothing innovative here ...

What is the best way to achieve this given the
"Jetspeed" philosophy?

I suspect I could register an index portlet. It could
be a JSPPortlet (or XSLPortlet) that has links (with
parameters to the desired document) to another
XSLPortlet that renders each document. I suspect that
the XSLPortlet should exist within a different layout,
something other than default.psml. A layout with a
menu location and body content.

Moreover, is this the recommended approach? (As
opposed to the file browser approach)

Finally, does a download repository exist for
Jetspeed? One in which we can all post/share our
portlet code.

Thanks for your help,
George