Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cy...@nexans.com on 2005/06/02 17:02:23 UTC

Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: ClassNotFoundException in thread

Thanks for your answer but :

> is there a static initialisation code in

com.nexans.statistic.client.model.send.intranet.handler.CreateFileProcedure
> ? or static properties whose values are taken from other methods?

> If anything in the static initialisation of class

com.nexans.statistic.client.model.send.intranet.handler.CreateFileProcedure

> throws an Exception, the class wil be considered as non-existent. (which
is
> quite normal, sometinh that could not be create does not exist)

In fact, there is one static property :

  private static Logger myLog = Logger.getLogger( CreateFileProcedure.class
);

but, as you mentionned in another mail, the Log4j.jar is not in common.
this jar is in WEB-INF/lib (i've double checked ...  kindda paranoid no ?
:-)
The line that crashed is the following :

      Object jobClass = Class.forName( getClassName() ).newInstance();

where getClassName() returns
"com.nexans.statistic.client.model.send.intranet.handler.CreateFileProcedure"

The problem is when the Thread try to find the class, because a test JSP
can execute this without Exception.  What are the possible changes between
the two platforms mentioned regarding threads ?   (RHAS4 with JDK 1.4.2
and HP-UX11 with JDK 1.4.1).

Java has enough memory, and is started in -server mode with -Xmx512m
option. Both config files  (from both platform) are identical - except of
course the directories.

I've though also of a ISO-xxx encoding instead of UTF-8 that could cause
the problem, but not...

This code is a year old, and was working fine in the old platform - that
crashed unfortunately... so I had to migrate. Copying the JAR seems not
enough to work properly.

Any other idea for me to explore  ?